Deana Trone and MarketUS.com have lied to me on a number of occasions. In this posting, I will catalog these mistruths in the hopes that they will amend their ways and become a more honest company.
- They withdraw my money too fast. The agreement is that they would make a cash transfer (ACH) from my account on March 10th And April 10th. Instead, they took $2,500 on March 10th and $2,500 on March 11th. I don’t get my Statement right away so I didn’t know and my bank never said anything. It is relatively minor but it gets MUCH worse.
- They sold me on their Do-It-Yourself GSA service and told me that the system was easy. It is not. It takes you to pages on government websites but it does not keep track of your progress. So, unless you are willing to spend 12 hours straight working on this, you might get lost and not know where you left off.
- They claim that I ordered their $4,000 of “Coaching Service”. I never ordered the Coaching Service. I made one 20 minute phone call to them on 4/23/09.I think they used that asan excuse to bill me but they never TOLD me they were billing me.
- They withdrew $8,500 from my account instead of $4,000. Again, I never ordered the Coaching Service to begin with but they compounded the problem by taking $8,500 instead of $4,000. I guess if you are going to steal you might as well take a full bag instead of a half bag.
- They sent me a phony invoice for the “Coaching Services”. Honestly, I received the invoice in July after complaining. But it was dated 4/23/09! I had never seen it before. I think they created it as a way to cover their tracks.4/23/09 was the day I made my single call to them for help. Coincidence?
- They claimed that they needed proof from the bank that the transfers existed. But everyone knows that they must have an accounting system that shows the deposits. Does it really matter how they got my money?
- They claimed that I logged 5 hours of support calls. I had made only one call to them and that was because I was unable to figure out where I was in the process. The call lasted about 20 minutes.
- They told me that they would clear up the Overdraft Fees that were incurred. They did nothing.
- On numerous occasions they promised to call me back and to clear this matter up. They even initially admitted to the billing error for the “Coaching Services” but they back-tracked on that in subsequent conversations. Now they are asking for me to stop calling. They have my money but they don’t want to me to call them.
MarketUS is not a reputable company. This is just my opinion and my experience. I would strongly recommend against doing business with MarketUS. Click here for another story.
Feel free to comment. And if you want to spread the word, click on the links above the article! Have you had a bad experience with MarketUS?
Click here to file a complaint with the FTC.
The same things happened to our company and we have the proof. That company is a fraud.